So we all get that summer is almost over. But before we say goodbye to long days and short nights, here are my top 5 things to do in OKC before summer ’16 ends.
1. Visit the Bricktown Beach: Trust me, this will do until you can afford your next trip to the Bahamas. Live bands, free movie showings and even volleyball tournaments. Click here to learn more.
2. First Fridays: On A Whim Band is at the Waters Edge Winery on the first Friday of the each month. You can enjoy great music and meet new people. Time: 7pm to 10pm, $7.00 cover. If you want dinner prior, Cultivar is next door, but there’s also food available at Waters Edge while you listen to On A Whim. Click here for more.
3. Free SONIC Summer Movies at Myriad Gardens: If you haven’t been yet, you have one more chance. The last free movie of the summer (Spiderman) will be shown Wednesday, Aug 10. At 8 p.m. So bring chairs or a blanket and a picnic. There are also activities for your kids prior and during the movie. There’s something for everyone to do and enjoy. Click here for more.
4. MercyMe at Frontier City: One of my favorite American contemporary Christian music band, MercyMe will be at Frontier City Saturday, Aug. 13 at 8 p.m. You can enjoy the concert with a paid admission to the theme park. Even though Frontier City isn’t my favorite theme park, this is a good opportunity to give the kids what they want while you enjoy some spiritual nourishment. ( I don’t have kids, btw) Click here for more.
5. Whitewater Rafting: OKC’s $45.2 million whitewater rafting and kayaking center is now open. Whether you’re an athlete or just want to have fun with your friends, there’s an adventure for you. Kayaking? Tubing? Stand up paddle boarding? Yes, all of this in OKC. Click here for more.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!